Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fuzzy Father's Day Memories



Actually, I believe my Papa is pretty indifferent about Mambo, but the song makes me happy and let's be honest, this blog is all about me.


Much like you, I too have a Father, a man who help give me life, and taught me to roll up my sleeves two folds - you know, so it looks professional, but like you're not afraid to get your hands dirty -like in All the President's Men, yeah, like that. Also the axiom that has most closely guided my life: if you're not quite sure about something, just make it up and hope no one notices. You know, the important stuff.

Yes, my poppa has taught me quite a lot over the past 33 years.  While I have no memories before Facebook existed, I'd like to take you on a trip through the Garrigan Family Scrapbook to share a few special moments that I've had the good fortune to share with Dear Old Dad.


Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

 That Time We Hacked Down Those People A Christmas Tree

That Time We Rescued  A Lynx from The Natural History Museum and Nursed it Back to Health/Life

That Time We Were The Fearsome Pirates Who Owned Rhode Island for A Few Minutes
 
That Time That I Sat Up Erect While You Sat in Repose, Disinterested

That Time You Taught Me the Importance of Tasteful, Understated Ties

That Time You Tried to Give Me Away By Pushing Me Into the Sea

That Time That I Worked Really Hard Stacking Wood While You Paced on the Porch Mumbling Something About "Quiz Show"  & How "Ralph Fiennes has it SOOOOOO DAMN EASY, the jerk..."

 That Time When I Thoughtfully & Dashingly Cut Up Stuff & You Looked On Somewhat Approvingly
 
  That Time You Sold Lise to That Tall Fellow


Oh sure Pops, while the details of these memories might be hazy, I do want to thank you & Mammasita for all you've given us young'uns: a sense of history, hope and home.  That is to say nothing of your graduate-level dissection of the finer points of Mad Men.  Have a very Happy Father's Day, Daddy-O. 

And to all you new Daddy's out there,  good luck.  The payments are due the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails