Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lesley Stahl and Her Amazing Technicolor (Leather) Dreamcoat(s)



Waaait a minute! Jim Carrey? Where's Lesley Stahl?  I know where she is.  She's out buying colorful leather jackets.

60 Minutes is the best news magazine program out there.  It is the standard by which all others shall be measured.  I love this show.  I love it almost as much as I love going to the bank or a really crowded restaurant or the subway during rush hour and yelling to strangers, "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE [INSERT HORRIBLY RELEVANT STORY / TOPIC] ON 60 MINUTES LAST NIGHT??? OMG, SOOO GOOD, RIGHT?"  They will sheepishly admit that they haven't and I will once again yell.  This time  I will yell, "YOU HAVEN'T??? OMG YOU'RE SOOOO MISSING OUT!!!"  Then I will retell each of the stories and making up details so it seems even sexier, causing the other person feel stupid for not watching what I have previously identified as the standard by which all news magazine programs will be measured by.  I like attention.


Throughout my years watching the program, I feel like I've gotten to know the anchors -intimately.  Not in a biblical sense, but more like a friend -a friend who's windows you peek in and periodically root through their garbage for items you refer to as "news artifacts".   One thing in particular I've noticed about my friend Lesley Stahl is she really likes wearing leather jackets of assorted colors.  Like, a lot.

Today I invite you to join me as we take a walk down Memory Lane with Lesley Stahl & Her Amazing Technicolor (Leather) Dreamcoat(s).



Lesley Stahl & Her Amazing Technicolor (Leather) Dreamcoat(s)

I don't know much, but I know Lesley loves to be adorned in tanned, dyed cowhide at all times.  Let's taste the rainbow, shall we?

SCARLET

BLACK

OCHRE

RUBY

VIOLET

FAWN

LILAC

GOLD

 
CHOCOLATE 


And for those of you keeping score at home, yes, those are the colors used -in order no less- in the lyrics to "Joseph's Coat" from Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat , the Broadway musical spectacular of dreams. 

What can we learn from this? Joseph (son of Jacob) & Lesley Stahl both like earth-tones.  Also, Lesley Stahl has pretty good gams for an older broad. That's about it. 

2 comments:

Mildly Bitter said...

Oh my god. I was just making fun of my friend, age 31, who apparently religiously watches 60 Minutes with her husband. I maybe accused her of being an 85 year old retiree who lives in Florida. But if you watch 60 Minutes too...maybe it is cooler and hipper than I thought. No. Based on Lesley's coats I stand by my prior opinion. ;)

Patrick Garrigan said...

Yes, Mildly Bitter, I too was once like you, but now as the waning days of 32 start to slip away, I've decided to embrace my geriatric fate... Give it a dance on Sunday, I think a smahhhty like you just. might. enjoy it!

PG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails