Sunday, January 31, 2010

Narcissists Rejoice, Doppelgänger Week is Upon Us

Man, I love me. I love me sooo much that in addition to starting this post with a "Blue Steel-esque" photo, I would also like to proclaim to all the inhabitants of the Facespace, "It's Doppelgänger week on Facebook; change your profile picture to someone famous (actor, musician, athlete, etc.) you have been told you look like. After you update your profile with your twin or switched at birth photo then cut/paste this to your status!"

Doppelgänger is a German World War II-era term which means, "after we take over the world, I sure would like to have a person who kinda resembles me so that I can privately touch my no-no places in self-congratulation of my own superficially positive traits." I think, my German's a bit rusty.

Well despite these nefarious beginnings, people just Loooooove the old Doppelgänger Week. I would be lying if I said I didn't get swept up in the magic, mystery and delight of identifying one's celebrity lookalike. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did a pretty good job of identifying mine:


No, that's not Dana Carvey. It's Sam Rockwell.

[Editorial: Sam Rockwell is currently slated to star in the upcoming Martin McDonagh play, "Behanding in Spokane". I would very much like tickets to the Opening. I have no scruples and will do anything to attend. Any assistance in this venture will be greatly rewarded. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.]

I feel that mine is a pretty responsible, given that my kneejerk reaction was to post Tom Cruise.



Unfortunately others have not been so prudent.

Sue from Oregon thinks she looks like...

Hilary Swank. And maybe she'd be right if Hilary were from my home-state of West Virginia, and didn't own a pair of tweezers and had chronic -er, achne (?), and... and...

Amy Winehouse thinks she looks like...


Chewbacca. And you know what? Maybe this fella's just straight up correct.

There you have it my 'gangered readers. Here's my challenge to you. Send me your friend's misguided / totally off-the-fucking-mark Facebook dopps to greatness.with.gumption@gmail.com and here's what I'll do: I will put an edit bar across their eyes, post it and laugh uncontrollably. Alas, none of you will do it, because you're all pussies. And yes, that is a chaaaaaaallengeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails