Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Miracle

















Much like George Bailey himself, I thought it was going to be a pretty rough Christmas this year.

First off, last Saturday I went to my friend Dan & his wife Erica's anniversary party to celebrate their first year together, and to thank me for attending they poisoned me (and 8 other guests) with food. I spent the next few days puking, pooing and eating toast. All of which sucked.

Next, I went to see Sweeney Todd and had to stab an old guy for talking loudly to his ugly wife during the film. "I didn't pay $10 to hear your shit commentary you 'oul feck." [shank]

Finally, this morning when I went to eat my Honey Bunches of Oats, we were out of soy milk. And I haaaaaate it when we're out of soy milk for my Honey Bunches of Oats! I began an uncontrollable tantrum. Christmas looked pretty bleak.

Then, I went to my Blogger Dashboard to salvage some sort of holiday cheer in the form of staggeringly high page views, only to find that I had a new comment ...from Dominic Carter!

I little while back, you may recall, I confessed that I utilize my downtime to write fan mail to NY1's Inside City Hall host, Dominic Carter. (If you don't recall, click here and you can do all the recallin' you need to do.) In this posting, I lamented that despite my thoughtful kudos, I had not received any word back from Mr. Carter and had all but given up hope -until today! A Christmas Miracle!

"
Hello Patrick:

This is Dominic Carter from NY1.

I am so sorry, you haven't received a response from me, but upon a google search, this is the first I have seen of your letter to me. Somebody, (a staffmember) is not doing a good job of getting my mail to me. (smile)

Happy Holidays, and thanks for watching Inside City Hall, and showing interest in my book, "No Momma's Boy."

Take Care"

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus, and thy name is Dominic Carter. While I may not have mentioned his new book "No Momma's Boy" in my earlier correspondence, my ongoing quest to blatantly ignore my family's holiday gift list requests means they're all getting copies of the book. So well played, Mr. Carter. Well played, indeed.

That's my Christmas Miracle. My hope for you is that you find your own. I wish you, your family, your (29) disease-ridden cats, your blow-up doll, Margo, or whatever you hold near and dear to your, uh, heart the best of the season.

----
EDITORIAL NOTE: I am pretty sure the comment is real. Which makes me smile, because I genuinely think Inside City Hall is the shit. To check it out for yourself, go here.


1 comment:

sade.baderinwa said...

Hello Patrick:

This is Sade Baderinwa of Eyewitness News.

I am so sorry you haven't received a response from me earlier, but it appears that you've... never actually... written a letter to me. I did an exhaustive interweb search, and much to my chagrin, I found no mention of my name in any letters from yourself.

Despite your lack of interest, you may be interested to know that my father is Nigerian, and my mother is German! Additionally, I graduated from the University of Maryland College Park, a school you've never mentioned in your blog. (smile)

Happy Holidays, and thanks from WABC-TV, and for showing interest in my co-anchor Diana Williams, though it appears that you've never mentioned her name either.

Take Care

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails