Sunday, November 25, 2007

Department of Cop Outs: Thankful


Woo, Daddy wiped from the ol' holiday weekend, so we're gonna have to keep this snappy.

As soon as I stepped on New York soil, fresh off yet another repugnant bus trip in from Boston, I immediately began self-medicating and now find myself drunk on power & a magnum Yellow Tail shiraz-cabernet. In my current stupor, I've decided to spew a holiday cop out posting of things that I'm thankful for:
  • That I am cut like a diamond.
  • A near universal appreciation of the musical, Newsies.
  • My friends at Wonkette's outstanding coverage of Cocktober.
  • The North won the War of Northern Aggression. What with it bein' all titular and stuff.
  • My crazy ass family, who reminds you: "It ain't dinner unless someone leaves the table in tears."
  • Another Thanksgiving, another opportunity to watch Scrooged.
  • Most importantly, I'm thankful for you -especially when we spoon.
Ah yes, thankfulness & (16) empty cans of Natty Ice surround me as I wrap up this holiday weekend. So much so I've decided to warm the cockles of my icy, barely beating heart to give to others.


Once again, I'm participating in the 19th Annual New York Cares Coat Drive. If you have a new or gently used coat, please donate it at one of the locations listed here through the entire month of December. Or... if your stuffy, pashmina-wearing ass can't make it to a delivery location, shoot me an e-mail at greatness.with.gumption@gmail.com and I will be happy to (send my army of minions) pick them up from you! Zoinks! I'm helpful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails