Monday, February 19, 2007

Mid-Week Treat: An Ode to Dominic Carter

When people stop me in the street (and boy do they), everyone says to me, "Patrick, thank you so much for sharing your exploits and giving me the opportunity to live vicariously through you, but what do you do when you are relaxing in the evenings?"

Well again, as always, I'm glad you asked. How do I spend my evenings? Quite simply, I use this time to send fan mail to NY1's Inside City Hall host, Dominic Carter.














No, really that's what I do:

Patrick Garrigan 12/11/06
To: insidecityhall@ny1.com
Date: Dec 11, 2006 8:24 PM
Subject: ATTN: Dominic Carter
Mailed By: XXXXXXX.com

Hello Dominic,

I hope all is well. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for
the quality job that you and your team do every night with Inside
City Hall
. It is an excellent program and I wanted you to know that I
plan my evenings around your show.

Growing up, my father was a radio journalist and he instilled in me
the importance of objective reporting. I respect the fact that you
ask the hard questions of everyone regardless of political
affiliation. It creates an intelligent dialogue on the issues of the
day.

I have no idea of your personal politics, but have the utmost respect
for the the fact that you do not put your own spin on stories. You
rely on natural charm, analytical questions, and just let the stories
tell themselves. It is truly refreshing.

Please express my sincere thanks to all in your organization and keep
up the good work!

Best regards,
Patrick Garrigan

--
Patrick Garrigan
Hell's Kitchen - NYC
917.549.XXXX

Unfortunately, as of the time of this writing, (about two and a half painful months after sending him my thoughtful, complimentary note) Mr. Carter has opted not to reply to my e-mail. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little hurt. But I'm sure Dominic will write back. Right Dommie? Dom? Are you there? Can you hear me?

Yeah, really, this is how I spend my evenings. Really.

1 comment:

dominic.carter said...

Hello Patrick:

This is Dominic Carter from NY1.

I am so sorry, you haven't received a response from me, but upon a google search, this is the first I have seen of your letter to me. Somebody, (a staffmember) is not doing a good job of getting my mail to me. (smile)

Happy Holidays, and thanks for watching Inside City Hall, and showing interest in my book, "No Momma's Boy."

Take Care

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails